Canon FD Lens to Nikon F mount adapter
- With AF confirm chip for Nikon.
- correction optic, focus infinity
- For using Nikon cameras with Canon FD lenses. It is impossible to compensate flange bases difference without using an additional back lens. As a result, the picture quality becomes worse.
- After adding optical element, focus infinity becomes possible. Please note that diffusion effect occurs when the aperture is larger than F/4.0, adjusting aperture to lower than F/4.0 is recommended.
- You should remember that extension ring doesn’t work, diaphragm control is set manually. This adapter can work with lenses having both only automatic diaphragm (A) and selector A/M (automatic/manual diaphragm). It is possible to use Macro rings and other accessories.
- With AF chip (compatible with Dandelion) installed on a lens with an automatic AI-S aperture, the aperture will be controlled through the camera similar to autofocus lenses. This is one of Nikon's strongest points: you don't have to care about aperture when using an old manual lens.
- There are only three film cameras that AF chip is not compatible with: F4, F60 and F90x. It works with all other models perfectly.
- Fixed aperture value at F/2.8
- Gives correction of focus confirmation dot. Using manual control (M) mode in manual focus (MF) function is recommended.
To remove the adapter you should unpress fixative pin and turn the adapter clockwise.